Down the Rabbit Hole is our miniseries dedicated to the deep dives, side trails, and themes that don’t quite fit into our normal episodes.
This weekend Olivia is heading out to the Treaty People Gathering along the Line 3 pipeline route in Northern Minnesota, so we’re explaining the roots of the Indigenous-led non-violent direct action: who are the treaty people? Why stop Enbridge’s Line 3 pipeline? Can Biden really do anything? What can you do from home?
Treaty People Gathering website and FAQ
Stop Line 3 website
Line 3 zine, 2020
What is Line 3?, Winona LaDuke 3-minute explainer video
The Case Against Line 3: A primer on the March 23 Court of Appeals hearing, MN350.org
June a critical month for Enbridge’s Line 3 oil pipeline, Steve Karnowski, Global News/Associated Press, May 28 2021
A landmark day in the fight against fossil fuels, Jamie Henn, Fossil Free Media, May 26 2021
Who to Follow
Hashtags: #StopLine3, #DefundLine3, #TreatyPeopleGathering, #StopTheMoneyPipeline
Accounts (Instagram) :
Honor The Earth @HonorTheEarth
Tara Houska @zhaabowekwe
Giniw Collective @giniwcollective
Winona LaDuke @winonaladuke
Stop Line 3! @stopline3pipeline
Resist Line 3 @resist_line_3
What can you do if you can’t attend in person?
- Sign the Action Network petition to tell Biden to Stop Line 3 – which he has the power to do!!
- Talk about it! Your vocal support is vital.
- Follow Indigenous leaders (see our list above and find more!)
- Donate to the Treaty People Gathering and related groups like Honor the Earth, Interfaith delegation, donate directly to the frontlines via Stop Line 3
- Look into Stop the Money Pipeline, which is targeting the banks funding climate destruction. If you have accounts with them, consider divesting. #DefundLine3
- Host a screening of the Stop Line 3 film or host a teach-in for your local community.
- Educate yourself! And look for opportunities to support Indigenous communities and Indigenous sovereignty in your own area.
If you enjoyed this episode, considering reviewing us on Apple Podcasts and downloading/subscribing/following wherever you like to do those things. It helps us immensely.
Thanks for listening!